At UTS our vision is to be a world-leading university of technology — and research is integral to this vision.
UTS is a modern University producing exciting, vibrant research that aims to reach out to the world, to be effective and relevant. We believe in driving change and finding practical solutions to current national and international problems — what we call practical innovation. We have six research theme areas that are critical to national and global research priorities.
These themes promote and encourage cross disciplinary research that is underpinned by technology and innovation.
In each of these areas we already have Research Strength centres and institutes that are recognised leaders in areas including intelligent systems and quantum computation, infectious diseases, societal change, creative industries, finance, study of choice, nanotechnology and sustainability. These are fast moving, contemporary research priorities that impact on everyday life.
Research themes and Research Strengths
- Innovation in IT Services and Applications
- Centre for Autonomous Systems
- Materials and Technology for Energy Efficiency
- Centre for Clean Energy Technology
- Advanced Analytics Institute
- Human Centred Technology Design
- Quantum Computation & Intelligent Systems
- Real-time Information Networks
- ithree institute
- Health Economics Research and Evaluation
- Health Services and Practice
- Health Technologies
- Built Infrastructure
- Environmental Sustainability
- Climate Change Cluster
- Institute for Sustainable Futures
- Technology in Water and Wastewater
- Centre for Contemporary Design Practices
- Cosmopolitan Civil Societies
- Creative Practice and Cultural Economy
- Centre for Forensic Science
- Law Research Centre
- Centre for Research in Learning and Change
- Strengthening Indigenous Communities
- Transforming Cultures