Student research opportunities
We have a dynamic research environment enriched by visiting professors, researchers, post doctoral Fellows, active industry partners and interaction with both undergraduate and graduate students.
The researchers of the Centre are active participants in many local, national and international research consortia, networks and associations. These include:
- CRC for Contamination Assessment and Remediation of the Environment (CARE)
- European Commission programs including Membrane bioreactor technology for advanced municipal wastewater treatment strategies (EUROMBRA) and Membrane-Based Desalination: An Integrated Approach (MEDINA)
- Infrastructure and Settlement climate change national network
- Water Quality Research Australia Limited.
In addition to this the researchers in the Centre obtain a significant number of Commonwealth competitive grants (ARC Discovery and Linkage, DEST International Science linkages) to support their research and the postgraduate students involved in their research.
Students can work in the areas of:
- solid liquid separation and filtration technologies in water treatment
- innovative biological treatment systems for wastewater treatment
- membrane hybrid and nano-technology systems in water, wastewater, and stormwater treatment, water reuse, and desalination
- in-situ barrier and other systems for treatment of groundwater, surface and ground water hydrology
- bio solid and waste management
- urban water cycles
- soil/aquifer management and modification
- flood management and catchment modelling for flood prediction.
On applying to study at UTS as a postgraduate research student: